Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

Is there a place in dallas area where aggressive dog and…

Customer Question
is there a place in...
is there a place in dallas area where aggressive dog and owner can take classes together that does not cost a lot or some place that she can b\e trained that is not costly. she is a blue heeler.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Training
2/3/2016
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 2 years ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Dalla TX?

Has she had any training?

Can you tell me in what way she is aggressive?

Is she spayed?

I was hoping to get a response back to my information request before responding but I don't want you to not have an answer either.

I'm a firm believer in obedience training which you can start at home. It helps control a dog and helps stop aggressive behavior as well. The following site is helpful in helping owners train their dog. Be sure and click on the link to the page on obedience at the bottom. and links on subsequent pages leading to detailed instructions.

http://www.schutzhund-training.com/training_theory.html

Training works best if you train at least 30 minutes a day (two 15 minute sessions). I also believe in the Nothing in life is free program to help with aggression issues. I would start making your dog work via the Nothing in life is free program (NILF). It is outlined below.

http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-dog_nilf.htm

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/training_nothing_in_life_is_free.html

There is a method called BAT that is helpful for aggression. Read more on this here:

http://functionalrewards.com/BAT-basics.pdf
http://www.petexpertise.com/behavior-adjustment-training-dog.html

Now there are trainers that deal with aggressive dogs in your area if you are in Dallas Texas. Here are a few of them.

USA Dog Behavior, LLC

Scott Sheaffer, CDBC, CPDT-KA

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

PETS & THEIR PEOPLE Dog Training, LLC

Melissa Knox, CPDT-KA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Web: www.petsandtheirpeopleweb.com

Phoenix Behavior Consulting

Jerry Patillo, CPDT-KA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Web: www.pbcdallas.com

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.

If you have questions in the future that you wish me to answer, you may click here and bookmark the page or make it a favorite. It is best to put my name "JANE" in the question as well.

Since there have been recalls on certain foods, please check the following site to be sure the food your animals eat is not affected. If it is affected, contact your vet as soon as possible. Have your dog seen if they have any symptoms.

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/RecallsWithdrawals/

Following up to be sure you were notified you had an answer to your question waiting for you.