Dog Training

Have dog training questions? Ask a dog trainer.

My dog is growling and seems scared of me. He has never done…

Customer Question
My dog is growling and...
My dog is growling and seems scared of me. He has never done this before and it has just begun in the last few days
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Training
He runs past me as quickly as he can and when I try to pet and love him he starts to growl. He is trying to ignore me, it's almost like he is fearing me. When my daughter is around he'll run and go be right next to her
2/3/2016
Dog Trainer: Sally G., Animal Behaviorist replied 2 years ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

How long have you had the dog?

When did this start happening?

How old is your daughter?

What have you tried to stop the behavior?

Is the dog normally fearful of people in general?