Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

Tonight my 2 female mini doxies 5yrs. old seemed to have a

Customer Question
scuffle over a toy.They both...
Tonight my 2 female mini doxies 5yrs. old seemed to have a scuffle over a toy.They both started to bark and lunge at each other. I got hold of them and pulled them apart. The one female(bridget-alpha dog) was scolded and set apart from Sasha. After a few minutes, Bridget had a look in her eye as if to say, I'm not thru with you yet! Then she lunged toward sasha once again I jumped up and separated them. In so doing, one of the dogs got hold of my arm (I was wearing a long sleeve shirt with a sweater on top. I felt a possible bite and sure enough my skin was broken and I had a bite mark on my arm and blood. I immediately scolded Bridget and put her out in the garage alone and kept Sasha in the house. They are used to sleeping together in the garage in their crate. Do I trust them to sleep together tonight? How long do I keep them apart? Sasha is a very quiet temperment and is more the quiet type and seems to be a little scared of Bridget knowing she is the boss. How do I handle this and how soon can they get together again knowing they are friends once again? Look forward to your advice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Training
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would appreciate a call from my email question regarding my 2 mini doxies. I am having problems with my computer and would rather speak on the phone with a Dog Doctor. My # *****: xxxxxxxxxx Please call me asap. thank you. Barbara
1/12/2016
Dog Trainer: Sally G., Animal Behaviorist replied 1 year ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. In order to speak by phone you will need to push the phone request button

Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer