Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  Service /assistance dog trainer,Therapy dog evaluator and trainer, AKC evaluator, pet first aide and member of PAS Animal Response Team.
3570977

My doc has a ruptured ACL so s vet put m on 5mg oxycodone

Customer Question

My doc has a ruptured ACL so his vet put him on 5mg oxycodone q12, prednisone (partly for pain and partly for skin allergies), and 10mg valium q12 to help keep him quiet and calm. He's a 5 year-old cocker spaniel that I rescued from an abuse situation. He has a lot of anxiety. I can't get him to relax and stop pacing. Can't use a crate. Previous owner left him in a crate 24/7 and didn't bother to feed him so crates freak him out. He jumps at every noise and has to go check on it and he has to follow literally every step I take. How do I enforce taking it easy with no playing or exercise for 6 weeks like this?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello , the original expert you asked for is not online. When that happens the person you request has a lock/hold on the question before anyone one else can take it.

Can you tell me please how long you have had Biscotti?

Do you have a way to get an inside kennel? (not a crate) something like what is in the link below which is open on top with easy access for you.

http://www.chewy.com/dog/midwest-black-e-coat-exercise-pen/dp/45380?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=MidWest&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKEAjw1MSvBRDj2IyP-o7PygsSJAC_6zod0vNY8Sr1nINqsmZ2CF8FfK2yCJr3G3F4Dkj1IbsgOBoCsmLw_wcB

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Amy,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Biscotti. How is everything going?
Sally G.