Dog Training

Have Dog Training Questions? Ask a Dog Trainer.

Dog Training

I part own an imported NZ male Shih Tzu who has fathered 12

Customer Question
puppies (2 mums) in March...
I part own an imported NZ male Shih Tzu who has fathered 12 puppies (2 mums) in March. He is almost uncontrollable for several hours all day, sleeps on my bed peacefully for 8 hours each night, & loves long car rides. Its the hours when he's awake that drive me mad. I love him dearly & the owner of the mums is just recovering from having the 12 puppies & she is soon to have major surgery. My boy (15 months) is mostly indoors & the mums & puppies are all indoors. We do not approve of a kennel situation.
PLEASE HELP !!! Thankyou. Beth B
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Training
5/24/2015
Dog Trainer: Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist replied 2 years ago
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Hi Beth,
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
-
In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or repy, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply. It is also quite late, so if I don't get back to you tonight, I will first thing in the morning. I hope you can be patient.
Can you explain to me exactly what behavior he is displaying that is unacceptable?
How long has he acted this way?
I'm assuming he is not neutered and you want him as a stud?
What obedience training has he had and when?
What have you tried so far?
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer