Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  Service /assistance dog trainer,Therapy dog evaluator and trainer, AKC evaluator, pet first aide and member of PAS Animal Response Team.
3570977

My collie rough has been to doggie day camp for 3 years, named

My collie rough has been to doggie day camp for 3 years, named pet of the month. However, she nipped a dog in her face. No explaination.
She is well behavior, walksn off lease. Very good with small children.
Can you advise

Sally G. :

Hello, thank you for using this site to help you with your problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the dog field for 25 years. It will be my pleasure to help you today. Please understand that I may send an information request so that I may gather what I need to better help you with your problem.

Sally G. :

can you explain the circumstance in which this happened?

Sally G. :

sorry for the delay it seems you opened another question pertaining to the same thing.

JACUSTOMER-d4ghjn9- :

Have no idea since she was at doggie day care.

Optional Information:
Type of Dog: collie rough
Dog's Gender: Female
Dog's Age: 7
Name of Dog: Godie
What have you tried so far?: continueing last question

Sally G. :

Since no one was there I would want the day care to answer these questions. Was it an open play time, were there any toys or food /treats around, whre there any new dogs in the area

JACUSTOMER-d4ghjn9- :

I believe she encountered a new undisciplined dog, which may have been disturbing to

Sally G. :

That would explain it.She is already an adult do and is used to the dogs that are with her, but if a new dog came in and got into her face that would make any dog feel uncertain and many dogs do not have dog etiquette

Sally G. :

so that would make sense for it to happen that way.

Sally G. :

Now my problem would also lie with the day care, why were the dogs not supervised properly if there was a new dog in the area

Sally G. :

That is a question I would want answered and I would want to know how they intend on handling this again when this dog comes

Sally G. :

Of course it could also be a health concern with your dog such as hypthyroidism as this will make a normally obedient dog turn slightly aggressive. has the thyroid been checked?

JACUSTOMER-d4ghjn9- :

No, have been checked by vet, but I could also look into this.

Sally G. :

I would do this to make sure she is healthy. It requires a blood test

JACUSTOMER-d4ghjn9- :

Ok, will do.

Sally G. :

I would also want to see the interaction between the new dog and your dog if possible

JACUSTOMER-d4ghjn9- :

Not going back, as my girl does'nt need to be put through this

Sally G. :

I can't blame you for that. But you will want to be sure her health is fine:)

JACUSTOMER-d4ghjn9- :

OK

I am just checking in to see how your dog is doing and if the day care was able to provide you with more information.

This is a free follow up that I like to give my customers to see how things are going so I will leave it up to you if you wish to answer.

sally