He got into my bag of pecans. Not sure how many he ate, He weighs about 27 lb and I think he ate like 30 to 40 chopped

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: He got into my bag of pecans. Not sure how many he ate
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How many pecans did the dog eat? Do you know his weight?
Customer: He weighs about 27 lb and I think he ate like 30 to 40 chopped pieces
JA: When was this? Has he thrown up since then?
Customer: I just got home and found the bag on the floor where he chewed into it. No he is not thrown up
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's 10 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He's acting fine and actually ust pooped okay
Answered by Dr. Michael Salkin in 4 mins 3 weeks ago
imglogo
48+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient. I have 50 years of experience in canine, feline, avian, rodent, and rabbit medicine and surgery.
Customer
Ok

I understand your concern. thankfully, despite what you may have read, pecans aren't toxic to dogs (a lot of them could potentially obstruct the gastrointestinal tract but that's not likely in a 27 lb dog who ingested chopped pieces).

Thus, there's no need to induce vomiting nor treat in any manner. Please fast Shadow for 6 hours to allow his stomach to empty naturally and rest. Leave water down for him to drink.

You can feed and water as usual after his fast.

Please respond with additional questions and concerns if you wish.

Customer
Okay thank you

You're quite welcome.

If you need clarification on anything I've posted or have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

I hope I were able to answer your question satisfactorily. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish: Dr. Michael Salkin.

My best to Shadow!

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. It was my pleasure assisting you.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
48+ years of experience
img
imglogo
48+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.