She ate a 50 mg delta 8 gummy. Symptoms are wobbling and dry mouth so far. She is resting and rouses easy for now. She’s

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: She ate a 50 mg delta 8 gummy. Symptoms are wobbling and dry mouth so far. She is resting and rouses easy for now.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How much does the dog weigh?
Customer: She’s around 45lb Shepard chow mix
JA: When was this? Has she thrown up since then?
Customer: no idea. Over an hour for sure. No vomiting
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Selene. 3 years
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Answered by DrJohnH in 8 mins 1 month ago
imglogo
DrJohnH
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Disclaimer: We wanted to let you know that the information provided through this veterinary teleadvice or teletriage service is just a general guide and shouldn't take the place of a one-on-one visit with your vet. This service is simply here to offer some helpful insights, but it doesn't establish a veterinarian-patient relationship. If you have any concerns about your pet's health, always reach out to your trusted vet for the best advice. Thanks for choosing our service! Please allow me a couple minutes to type your answer.

I'm so sorry to hear that Selene has eaten a 50 mg delta 8 gummy. It sounds like she is displaying signs of intoxication, such as wobbling and dry mouth, which can be concerning. At this stage, it is important to keep an eye on her and provide her with a comfortable, quiet place to rest. If her symptoms worsen or if she does not seem to be improving, it is best to take her to the vet for a full examination. The vet can also provide further treatment options, such as activated charcoal and IV fluids if needed.In the meantime, it would be beneficial to monitor her temperature and respiration rate, as well as providing her with plenty of drinking water. Additionally, you can give her some small amounts of food if she will eat it.I understand how worrying this situation can be and I appreciate your efforts in taking care of Selene. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns and I am happy to help.

Customer
Thank you

You're welcome. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Customer
She's not able to use the bathroom but she's crying like she needs to and leaking a little urine. Is this a bad ding
Customer
Sign?
Customer
She's not able to use the bathroom but she's crying like she needs to and leaking a little urine. Is this a bad sign?

It is definitely a concerning sign and I would recommend taking her to the vet for a full examination as soon as possible. The inability to urinate can be a sign of a urinary tract infection or other health issues that may require immediate medical attention. In the meantime, you can try to encourage her to drink some water in small amounts and provide her with a comfortable environment where she can rest.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
DrJohnH
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
img
imglogo
DrJohnH
Pet Specialist
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.