My dog keeps throwing up. She has thrown up 3 times in the past hour. It's mushy food Looks like baby food. I saw she

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My dog keeps throwing up. She has thrown up 3 times in the past hour
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: It's mushy food Looks like baby food
JA: Could she have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: Yes. I saw she ate some corn?
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: Her names Chata. She's a french bulldog
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else
Answered by Dr. Rebecca in 8 mins 2 months ago
imglogo
Dr. Rebecca
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi, I'm Dr Rebecca, a small animal veterinarian with 30 years of practice experience. I am happy to assist you in any way I can today, I am a pet owner first and foremost and understand how concerning it is when they are sick. I’m not able to make a diagnosis or prescribe medication for your pet, but I am happy to answer any questions that I can and help you determine of there is something we can do for your pet at home or if it would be wise to visit with your “in person” veterinarian. Please allow me a few minutes to respond to your questions- typing and in some cases doing some research or calculations can take a few minutes. Remember I am not seeing your pet, so you are my eyes and hands- please read my questions carefully and answer them as thoroughly as you can, as the relevance of the information I can give you is directly related to how accurately you answer my questions. The app will ask if you prefer a phone call; you do not have to accept this if you would rather communicate here. I am currently available for phone consults if you prefer. Be aware that if you have a robokiller app on your phone or are outside the US calls may not be able to go through. If you do want to request a phone call, it is best to tell me on the chat first as once you request it I only have a few minutes to see it and respond or it will lock me out of the chat and send you to another expert.

How old is Chata? Do you have any idea where she got the corn? Could she have gotten in the trash?

Customer
She's 1 yr old
Customer
I live with other people. She might have gotten it from them feeding it to her.
Customer
She isn't usually digging in trash and I was out all day, but upon getting home was when she started vomiting.
Customer
Is there anything I could do to help her settle her stomach and help with the nausea
Customer
She threw up 3 different times and it looked like mashed sweet potatoes, similar texture. It was a lot
Customer
Could it be the dog food I've been feeding her? She eats a mixture of dry and can food.

Our biggest concern is if she got into the trash or something and ate a bunch of stuff- if she got into something fatty that could trigger pancreatitis; and of course we want to make sure there was nothing toxic. I'd double check around your kitchen and make sure you don't find anything else she could have gotten. She could have a 10 mg famotidine (pepcid) twice daily, which is an acid blocker that can help settle her stomach. I wouldn't feed her until she's gone 8-12 hours without vomiting. If she continues to throw up then I would probably have her seen to be on the safe side.

Customer
Hello?

Did you have another question?

Customer
Helloooo

Yes? Did you see my response above? Did you have any other questions?

I hope I’ve been able to help you today. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. If I can help you in the future feel free to ask for me by putting for Dr. Rebecca in the first line, or you can add me to your favorites on your My Questions page. I hope Chata is feeling better soon! Have a good rest of your day.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Rebecca
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
img
imglogo
Dr. Rebecca
Pet Specialist
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.