My dogs testicules was crusty and now are peeling. Today and last night he was licking just normal. Jax, he is 11 months

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: my dogs testicules was crusty and now are peeling.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the peeling? Has the dog been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: today and last night he was licking just normal
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jax, he is 11 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Answered by Dr. Lindsey, D.V.M. in 5 mins 12 months ago
imglogo
Dr. Lindsey, D.V.M.
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Thank you for reaching out to JustAnswer. This is Dr. Lindsey.

Veterinary laws prohibits Vets from prescribing medications without a physical examination of your pet. I will make my best recommendation based on the information you give me.

You will receive an automatic request for a phone call, I am unable to take phone consultations. If you want to speak with a Vet on the phone, let me know before we begin. 

Please give me a moment to write a response.

Can you send me a picture of the affecte area?

Customer
Sure
Customer
Customer attachment 11/16/2021 4:54:31 PM

Thank you for the photo. It definitely looks irritated and ulcerated. Is Jax mostly and indoor or outdoor dog?

Customer
Outdoor
Customer
outdoor dog

Okay, so he could have caused trauma to the testicles by lying on something rough (like cement, rocks, sticks, etc), This could have then caused the abrasions and irritation. He could have also been bitten by something like a spider that cause the irritation. My best recommendation is to apply a small amount of a triple antibiotic ointment (like Neosporin) to the area twice a day. Make sure have some place he can lay down that is soft. If you notice any further swelling, odor, discharge then I would get him seen by a Vet. He may need oral antibiotics. He may also need an ecollar to prevent him from licking and causing more trauma to the area.

Customer
ok thank you
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Lindsey, D.V.M.
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Lindsey, D.V.M.
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.