He vomited, seems lethargic, and he’s wobbly when he tries to walk. A dog, he’s around 5 months. A few hours. But the

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: He vomited, seems lethargic, and he’s wobbly when he tries to walk
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A dog, he’s around 5 months
JA: How long has it been since the dog threw up?
Customer: a few hours
JA: Could he have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: yes but the only thing I know for sure was some bits of fast food from *the street
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: banshee, 5 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so, his only other issue is seasonal allergies
Answered by Paul M. DVM in 5 mins 12 months ago
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello this is Dr. Paul.  I have over 10 years of clinical experience working on dogs and cats in general practice and emergency medicine situations. It is my pleasure to assist you today with Banshee.  one moment while I review

Is he having any diarrhea or does he still have his normal appetite?

Customer
His appetite seems normal and no diarrhea

Ok.  I would worry about some possible toxicity or a viral infection that can cause vomiting and uncoordination.  I would advise taking him in on emergency ASAP to be safe.

If that is not something you are able to do, then treat with the following:

:  1) Do not feed any solid foods for the next 24 hours, but continue to provide plenty of water.  2) After 24 hours, if we are not having any vomiting, you can feed a small amount of bland boiled chicken and rice.  3) Begin giving a probiotic for pets such as fortiflora which you can get from your local pet store or Amazon.

If you notice any persistent vomiting for over 12 hours, lethargy, or blood in the stool then i would go to a veterinarian immediately, but I think this is unlikely to occur in this case

Customer
Okay thank you
Customer
Can I give him his wet food or should I stick to things like applesauce and puréed pumpkin?

I would feed the normal wet food and you can add 1 TBSP of pureed pumpkin once a day

Customer
Okay, thank you!

you're welcome

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Paul M. DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.