My dog has chewed up part of a Nivea pearly shine lip balm. I am unsure how much lip balm was in it to start with but

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: my dog has chewed up part of a Nivea pearly shine lip balm. I am unsure how much lip balm was in it to start with but there is now none left, so I am assuming she has ate it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How much of the lip balm did the dog chew? Do you know her weight?
Customer: she is around 16/17 kg, I don't think it was a lot of it, maybe 1/4 of the stick
JA: Has she thrown up since this happened?
Customer: no, she is also acting fine
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: skye, she is 13 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Answered by Paul M. DVM in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello this is Dr. Paul.  I have over 10 years of clinical experience working on dogs and cats in general practice and emergency medicine situations. It is my pleasure to assist you today with skye

Customer
thanks

Ok! I just looked up the ingredients to the lip balm.  fortunately there is nothing toxic in this lip balm to dogs.  IT is possible she may have some upset stomach or diarrhea, but unlikely.

If that occurs, treat with the following:  ) Do not feed any solid foods for the next 24 hours, but continue to provide plenty of water.  2) After 24 hours, if we are not having any vomiting, you can feed a small amount of bland boiled chicken and rice.  3) Begin giving a probiotic for pets such as fortiflora which you can get from your local pet store or Amazon

Otherwise, just keep an eye on her the next few hours and she should be fine :)

Customer
fantastic, thanks so much for your help

you are welcome!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Paul M. DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.