I was playing fetch with my puppy and as I through the stick I hit her head and now I think her vision is off it

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Good morning I was playing fetch with my puppy and as I through the stick I hit her head and now I think her vision is off it happened last night I woke up this morning giving her a snack and she couldn’t properly walk towards me
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Have you seen a vet yet about the head injury?
Customer: I’m waiting on her insurance to be active I wouldn’t be able to afford the expense for emergency visit I need to wait 13 more days
JA: Did she bleed at all from the injury?
Customer: no Ap was on my knees when we where playing she’s a small German Shepard when it initially happen she was so scared and shaken I try to calm her down and we went back upstairs she kept her eyes close
JA: What's the puppy's name?
Customer: Loba
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no she’s 15 weeks old she can follow me in and out the building and keeps rotating towards her rite side
Answered by Paul M. DVM in 2 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello this is Dr. Paul.  I have over 10 years of clinical experience working on dogs and cats in general practice and emergency medicine situations. It is my pleasure to assist you today with Loba

Customer
Thank you please I haven't slept and my puppy seems more calm now but her vision is off

Unfortunately this sounds serious, and if it is something that penetrated the eye, waiting 13 more days could result in permanent loss of vision or that eye

Customer
I know but I won't be able to afford I called a few vets and the money they would charge for testing I don't have
Customer
In a week I get paid so I can do that
Customer
I feel like she can see from her right eye
Customer
There's a light blue line around her eye ball but her eyes isn't blurry

ok.  The only thing I can advise is to 1) get a cone/ecollar to put around Loba's head so she can't scratch at her eye to damage it further.  2)  https://www.tractorsupplyrx.com/terramycin-ophthalmic-ointment-12064.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_campaign=PetRx&utm_content=PetRxDynAd&gclid=CjwKCAjwz5iMBhAEEiwAMEAwGIY_1r8A1lGcunaJ4XIjxQuJeoD-lFwHPs-zTiYxZRFczkW-5LGv0RoClOcQAvD_BwE     this is an ointment you can order to start that is not a prescription.

Customer
Ok I'll do this in the mean time is there anything else I can do? From last night to this morning she seems better but I'm not an expert

There isn't anything else I can advise doing at this point.  make sure she is eating/drinking well, have her take it easy for a few days, and take her in as soon as you can if its not getting better

Customer
When I play fetch with her normally the moment I grab the stick she knows this time instead of getting ready to run after she went to bite it as I went to throw it and swung on the side of her face

hopefully she will be fine

Customer
Thank you I'm going to try my best to see if I can take her in by Monday if she isn't improving

best of luck!

Customer
Thank you

you're welcome

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Paul M. DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.