He has some almost pimple looking bumps on his groin area he is 3 months. Just today, and not that I have noticed (I wom

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi he has some almost pimple looking bumps on his groin area he is 3 months
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the bumps? Has the dog been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: Just today, and not that I have noticed (I wom I work from home so I am with him all day
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: dexter, he is 3 months we adopted him just about 2 weeks ago
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so
Answered by Dr. Patsy Fields in 2 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Patsy Fields
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi there, I am Dr. Fields and I'm sorry to hear Dexter is having some skin problems. Would you be able to send a photo of the area? Is he itchy at all?

Customer
No he does not bother the area

Thank you for the photos. This looks like the beginning of puppy pyoderma, which is a superficial staph infection. There is a topical mousse that may be helpful and I will send you a link.

Customer
Is it contagious? We do have another dog at home. Is this common with puppies? Where does it come from?

In mild cases, such as this, we typically treat with a topical. This can become more generalized and spread across the abdomen, and in those cases, an oral antibiotic may be used.

There is usually no underlying cause for this to occur in puppies, but it is quite common.

Sorry, meant to add, also not contagious to people or other pets.

Do you have any further questions I can assist you with today?

Customer
Okay thank you so much, I don't believe so.. is there directions on the mousse as far as frequency of application

It can be used 2-3 times daily, and usually for 5-7 days.

This chat will be open for several days, so feel free to reach out with any further questions or updates.

Customer
Thank you so much
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Patsy Fields
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Patsy Fields
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.