I had to superglue a cut on my dogs ear because i couldn’t get him to a vet. What do I do now? Can I get the superglue

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I had to superglue a cut on my dogs ear because i couldn’t get him to a vet. What do I do now? Can I get the superglue off?
Answered by Rebeccavet in 8 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Rebeccavet
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer today.   My name is***** and I will do my best to help. I am sorry to hear your dog got a cut.   When did this happen?    Since I can't see him myself, can you post a picture of the cut with the superglue on it?

How long ago did you put the glue on the cut?

Customer
It happened on Sunday night and all the vets were closed so I wasn’t able to take him in. My gf put the superglue on but I sent a picture of it. She put some on that night, another drop last night.
Customer
Hi
Customer
This is the original one

Thanks for the information and pictures.  How did this happen?

Customer
We were at the dog park and a dog nipped his ear
Customer
The owner of the other dog just took their dog and left so I wasn’t able to talk to them

Since it is not bleeding I would leave it alone.  You just have to wait for the glue to wear off.   You can clean this gently with mild soap and water or Hibiclens from a pharmacy.
Dog bites tend to get infected so you can apply a little topical antibiotic to this such as Neosporin.

With ear cuts, it is important that is not keep bleeding so if it is not bleeding I would not try to remove the glue, just clean and treat it gently.

Customer
Every time he shakes his head he gets little blood splatters on the wall but not a lot and there’s not a lot on the wound itself

That happens when there is a cut on the ear.   The ear has a lot of blood vessels in it.   Cleaning gently with peroxide may help decrease the bleeding.

Customer
Okay thank you! I did buy dog liquid bandage should I use that?

This will heal with time.  The only concern is if it gets infected.  Then he may need to see a veterinarian for antibiotics.   I would not put the liquid bandage on top of the glue.

Customer
Okay perfect, thank you!

You are welcome.  Please let me know if you have other questions and how he is doing.  You can post additional questions and updates about this by going to My Questions on the Just Answer website and I will respond the next time I am logged on. I will also be following up with you.
Thank you for using Just Answer.

Hello; this is Dr. Rebecca checking in to see if you have other questions.   How is your dog doing?

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rebeccavet
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rebeccavet
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.