My dog 🐶 turned 5 today. Since last night his stomach is growling very loudly. Not sure why. What can this be? Thanks

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My dog 🐶 turned 5 today . Since last night his stomach is growling very loudly . Not sure why . What can this be ?
Thanks
Answered by paul brazzell in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
paul brazzell
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell- Nice to meet you. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Customer
Now

Good morning. What is his name? What breed of dog is he?

Customer
His name is chester
Customer
His is a mixed. Breed , boxer , lab, American terrier

Thank you so much. has Chester vomited? Is he eating and drinking? Is he bright and alert?

Customer
Just woke up no issues noted
Customer
Seems ok

Very good. I suspect that Chester has a bit of an upset stomach. I am not too concerned at this point. I would recommend doing the following:

Let’s give Pepcid AC at 1 X 10mg tablet per 20 pounds twice daily. This is Famotidine and it decreases the acid in the stomach.

Just put on the finger's tip and place it on the back of the tongue, then hold the mouth closed till swallows.

I would continue to feed Chester as usual. Please update me this afternoon.

Paul

Customer
Thanks so much

You are so very welcome.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions regarding this problem or any future concerns.

I am here to help!

Paul

Customer
Thanks
Customer
Hi
Customer
I was unable to locate Pepcid ac in the house
Customer
I have Prilosec
Customer
Can I use that ?
Customer
Also he must have eaten something
Customer
I see this in his feces

Prilosec is fine. The dosage is 0.5 mg/pound once daily.

Customer
Much Tnx
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
paul brazzell
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
paul brazzell
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.