My dog may have ate a nicotine pouch. 55lbs, 1 6mg pouch. 5 minutes ago and no. Wolf, 4 yrs. No thats it thank you

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My dog may have ate a nicotine pouch
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What size is the dog? How much was eaten?
Customer: 55lbs, 1 6mg pouch
JA: When was this? Has the dog thrown up since then?
Customer: 5 minutes ago and no
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Wolf, 4 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thats it thank you
Answered by Dr. Loretta in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Loretta
25+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer
ok thank you
Customer
My name is ***** ***** the way

I am so sorry that Wolf ingested this pouch. The best thing to do since this has been within a 2 hr window of ingestion, is to induce vomiting by giving Wolf 5 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide....wait 15 minutes and if he had not thrown this up, do it again. You can safely do this 3 times. If there is a chance that he did not ingest this, check around once more to be sure since inducing vomiting will make Wolf feel nauseous. If he did eat this and you did nothing , this would be absorbed by the intestinal tract and cause serious side effects, even death, This substance is deadly in large concentrations such as this pouch. It is safest to make sure it is removed just to be safe.

Does that make sense to you?

Hi Richard...I hope this helps...

Customer
that makes sense, it was only a single six milligram pouch
Customer
are you still here?

Yes...it can be lethal as little as 1 mg per kg....since he is about 25 kg, this will not kill him, Richard but will make him very sick. There also is a chance that the ouch remains closed but I would not want to take this chance...get this removed, Richard, to be safe.

Customer
ok i will thank you!

You are very welcome, Richard...please let me know how Wolf is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️

Customer
i will absolutely! take care!

Thanks Richard...I am looking forward to good news❤️

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Loretta
logo
logo
logo
25+ years of experience
imglogo
Dr. Loretta
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.