He stopped eating yesterday has been moving sluggishly. He throw up quiet a bit last night and won’t eat anything this

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hello he stopped eating yesterday has been moving sluggishly. He throw up quiet a bit last night and won’t eat anything this morning either
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Miniature toy poodle mix
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. Does the Poodle seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No he he just seems to be weak
JA: What's the Poodle's name and age?
Customer: scooby he’s about 11 yea old givevor take
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I can think of
Answered by Dr. Loretta in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Loretta
25+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer
Ok thank u

I am so sorry that Scooby is not feeling well. It appears that he may have a digestive disturbance caused by something he may have ingested that did no5 agree with his system. For now, follow these instructions:

Fast Scooby for 12-24 hrs which he is doing himself to allow the digestive tract to calm down and  heal.

Give him Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.

Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes

After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If the vomiting has resolved, then wean him back onto regular food. If the vomiting persists especially during the fast, take Scooby to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns such as an intestinal obstruction or infection or metabolic issue that will require veterinary intervention.
Does that make sense to you?

Customer
thank you. !

You are very welcome! Please let me know how Scooby is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️

Customer
I have one more
Question I can't get him to
Take Pepcid do you have any suggestions ?

Yes...dissolve this in warm water and crush it...use a syringe or turkey baster to get this into him as a liquid...make him drink this. It is very important that he gets this medication.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Loretta
logo
logo
logo
25+ years of experience
imglogo
Dr. Loretta
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.