I tried to do an artificial insemenation on my dog and when her vulva opened there was like a pink ball looking mass

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I tried to do an artificial insemenation on my dog and when her vulva opened there was like a pink ball looking mass inside. Could this be vaginal prolapse?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the dog had this mass?
Customer: When I tried to artificially inseminate her today.
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Shiesty she’s right at 2. Never been bred
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so. She’s been bleeding and had started flagging and letting a male mount her but when he touched her vulva to penetrate her she would sit down immediately
Answered by Dr. Loretta in 21 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Loretta
25+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

I am so sorry that there appears to be something wrong with Sheisty. It is unlikely that she has a vaginal prolapse since this would show on the outside. This “pink ball” that you described could be the enlarged clitoris that you would normally see when you opened the vulva. A vaginal prolapse would come to the outside of the vulva. You can get past this enlarged clitoris with a small artificial insemination tube . I believe that she is sitting down due to this being odd to her. I would try to do this again, sliding past the clitoris or have your veterinarian, who is trained to do this procedure. Do this for you.

Does that make sense to you?

Customer
thank you!

You are very welcome!! please let me know how Shietsy is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Loretta
logo
logo
logo
25+ years of experience
imglogo
Dr. Loretta
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.