I just thought of my yard had been sprayed with trugreen 4 days ago yesterday started getting diarrhea and no appetite

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I just thought of my yard had been sprayed with trugreen 4 days ago yesterday started getting diarrhea and no appetite and lethargy what can I do or could this made him sick
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Reeses 18 month
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had fed a little meatloaf last night just remembered the tru green
Answered by Dr. Rachel in 10 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Rachel
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, my name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian since 2007. It sounds like Reeses is having some stomach upset that is causing the diarrhea and lack of appetite. It may be related to the Trugreen or maybe the meat loaf. In either case, some over-the-counter Dramamine to treat nausea and feeding boiled chicken and rice for a few days might help. Can you please tell me how much Reeses weighs?

Customer
Around12 lbs
Customer
No I dont have xtra for call

Great, thanks. The Dramamine comes in 50 mg tablets. I would give her one tablet by placing it at the back of her mouth and holding her mouth closed while you rub her throat and blow on her nose until she swallows. The Dramamine takes about an hour to take effect, so wait an hour before offering her a little bit of boiled chicken and rice. If she eats it and is able to keep it down, I would continue Dramamine every 12 hours and chicken and rice for 3-4 days, then start mixing in her regular diet. If you try the Dramamine and she is still not interested in eating, I would take her to the vet at that point.

Customer
You still there

Yes, still here.

Customer
Which dog food

The brands I like are Purina Proplan, Hill's Science Diet, and Royal Canin. You can get them at PetSmart or Chewy.com.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Rachel
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Rachel
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.