My puppy is 19 weeks old. For the last couple of hours, she’s been having vomiting. She’s thrown up about five time. She

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My puppy is 19 weeks old. For the last couple of hours, she’s been having vomiting. She’s thrown up about five time. She hasn’t really ate much today. What she is throwing up looks like bile. The last time, she was just retching. She doesn’t seem lethargic or anything. I don’t think she could have gotten into anything. Wanting to know
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How much did the puppy eat? Do you know her weight?
Customer: It doesn’t appear that she’s touched her food since this morning. She’s about 10 pounds
JA: The Expert will know if the puppy will be okay to digest that. What's the puppy's name?
Customer: Lucy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She’s had all her shots including kennel cough, parvovirus, and rabies
Answered by Dr. Rachel in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Rachel
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, my name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian since 2007. I'm sorry to hear that Lucy has been vomiting and isn't eating. You mentioned she has had all her shots, which is great. Has she had at least two shots of parvovirus vaccine? Is she having any diarrhea?

Customer
she has had two parvo vaccines. No, she is not having diarrhea

Ok, that's good. I would get some over-the-counter Dramamine 50 mg tablets to stop the vomiting. Give her 1 tablet every 8 hours. Feed her a bland food diet such as boiled chicken and rice for the next few days - small amounts at a time.

The Dramamine takes about an hour to work. You can give it to her by placing it at the back of her mouth and holding her mouth closed while you blow on her nose and rub her throat until she swallows.

This article might be helpful: https://www.wikihow.com/Prepare-Chicken-and-Rice-for-Dogs

Customer
Is that regular Dramamine from a drug store or from a pet store?

Drug store - Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Target, or pharmacy section of the grocery store.

Customer
Thank you!

You're welcome, I hope Lucy feels better soon!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Rachel
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Rachel
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.