Dog throws up everytime she's moved/wakes up, comes out her nose. Started in the car, I thought she was just motion sick

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Dog throws up everytime she's moved/wakes up, comes out her nose. Started in the car, I thought she was just motion sick from the carwash. has been lathargic since
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: it was liquid at first, but she hasnt eaten since so it's been foamy in the last half of the day
JA: Could she have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: I dont think so. She was fine this morning, and hasnt eaten since the car
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mei. 6 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Shes a Pomerarnian. other than that no i dont think so
Answered by Dr. Amy Leigh in 14 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Amy Leigh
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer with your questions. I'm sorry Mei is not feeling well.

-My name is***** have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian and am happy to help with your question.

-Veterinary Experts are able to provide general medical advice. We are NOT able to provide a diagnosis or prescribe medications. I can help you to determine if a veterinary visit is needed or if it seems reasonable to monitor and treat at home.

-You may be automatically prompted to consider a phone consultation for an additional fee. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide phone consultations. If you would like to continue the chat, just hit decline. If you would like a phone consultation, let me know and I will disconnect so you can speak with another Expert.

-I will do my best to respond to you as quickly as possible. Sometimes, my response may be delayed if I am helping other customers as well. I assure you that I will get back to you as soon as possible to answer all of your questions.

I'd like to ask you some questions so that I can provide the best advice possible

Customer
Thank you!
Customer
What questions do you have?

-Is Mei still vomiting every time she moves?

Customer
Not everytime she moves, like she just walked up to me and I can hear that shes congested and vomity (if that makes sense) but I woke her up an hour ago to check on her and she threw up from the movement
Customer
when I move her yes, when she moves no- but shes not really moving
Customer
38; shes sneezing it out as well

-Is she vomiting (retching, gagging, and then bringing up material) or regurgitating (no gagging, just sort of urps up like a baby spitting up?

-Is she able to drink water and keep it down for more than an hour?

Customer
she was vomitting earlier, now it's still like- stuff coming out but its foam and out her nose as well
Customer
she hasnt wanted to drink or eat

-Since Mei is a very small breed, is young, continues to vomitand is not eating or drinking, I would recommend that you take her to an emergency veterinarian tonight.

Customer
Ok. she just drank a little water, if she keeps this down would you recommend taking her still?

-I would still recommend you take her in. These little breeds can develop low blood sugar very easily.

Customer
ok thank you

You're welcome. I hope the information was helpful and Mei will feel better soon. Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your questions. It was my pleasure to help you today. If you need further information regarding this question or need clarification on the recommendations, please let me know. I am happy to help.

I hope Mei is feeing much better today. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Customer
hi! thanks for reaching out- i took her to emergency and she’s gotten x-rays & is getting an ultrasound now for gastroenteritis! thanks for your help

You're very welcome. I am glad you got her in!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Amy Leigh
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Amy Leigh
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.