Need to know what to give for reflux. Buppy, 7 to 8. That is it

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Need to know what to give for reflux
JA: The Vet will be able to answer your question, plus any follow-ups you may have. What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buppy, 7 to 8
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That is it
Answered by Dr. Megan Brown in 2 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Megan Brown
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi this is Dr Brown. I’ll do my best to help you and Buppy!
I am happy to give you some options for managing reflux. What are you observing with Buppy that makes you concerned for this?
Customer
He has major reflux and he's been taking probiotics from PetLab that were working great but I noticed his lower eyelid stayed drooping when he takes it. He burps about
Customer
Alot
Ok thank you. Can you tell me what kind of dog he is and how much he weighs?
Customer
He lost his left eye to cancer 2 years ago and developed SARD in the right eye 4 months ago and is now blind. His activity has decreased. He is mixed but mostly Lab and we is 80 to 85 lbs
For a dog that size the best option for reflux would be omeprazole (Prilosec OTC)- they are 20 mg tablets and you can give 2 tablets once a day. You can also go up to twice a day if once a day is not surfing
Customer
His appetite is still great but he is sleeping a lot. Thank you
Of course. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Customer
No thank you
I hope I was able to answer your questions - please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Megan Brown
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Megan Brown
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.