My dog ate chocolate he is a German Shepard mix and large size. He ate about 5 grams of chocolate it was like chocolate

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My dog ate chocolate he is a German Shepard mix and large size
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How much of the chocolate did the Shepherd eat? Do you know his weight?
Customer: He ate about 5 grams of chocolate it was like chocolate chips in 8 small muffins
JA: When was this? Has he thrown up since then?
Customer: no he seems fine. He ate maybe an hour ago
JA: And what's the Shepherd's name and age?
Customer: Max, he is a little over 4 years old About 5 years
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so
Answered by Dr. Lindsey, D.V.M. in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Lindsey, D.V.M.
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Thank you for reaching out to JustAnswer. This is Dr. Lindsey, I have over 24 years experience in the Veterinary field including 8 years as a practicing Veterinarian. I understand how important your pet is to you and entrusting me as part of their care.
Veterinary laws prohibits me from making a diagnosis or prescribing medications without a physical examination of your pet, but I will make my best recommendations based on the information you give me.
I am unable to take phone consultations at this time if you would like a to talk to a Vet I can opt out of this chat or we can continue with this chat.
Please give me a moment to write a response.

How much does Max weigh? Where these milk choclate chips?

Customer
I don't know.
Customer
They were milk chocolate chips
Customer
He is a large dog.
Customer
I haven't had him that long I don't know how much he weighs
Customer
When he stands up on 2 legs he is almost 5ft 5in tall (idk if that helps quantify)

Can you guess, this will help determine if he ingested to much. Approximately? 50lbs 70lbs?

Customer
My sister said he is 82 pounds
Customer
Hello?

Great so Max should be just fine. The amount of chocolate ingested and his size is small enough to not be toxic. Just monitor for any vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite. Was there anything else in the muffins?

Customer
No just the chocolate.
Customer
Thank u

Great, so he will be just fine.

Customer
Thank u so much!
Customer
How much will this service be?

You're welcome! I am not sure of the cost. I am just a Contractor with JustAnswer. I do not deal with the money. That would be a question for costumer service.

Customer
Liked “You're welcome! I am not sure of the cost. I am just a Contractor with JustAnswer. I do not deal with the money. That would be a question for costumer service.”
Customer
Okay then. Well Thank you for your help!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Lindsey, D.V.M.
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Lindsey, D.V.M.
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.