My dog have mucus on the eye and the nose and he seem to been having some kind of congestion on his throat. He is eating

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: hello my dog have mucus on the eye and the nose and he seem to been having some kind of congestion on his throat
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Has the dog been eating and drinking normally? Have you taken his temperature?
Customer: he is eating well and his behavior is normal, my wife is checking his temperature right now
JA: When did this congestion start? Has the dog been licking or scratching his skin as well?
Customer: he seem to have allergies, he is been like that for almost a week
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buzz, 7 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not really
Answered by Dwight Alleyne in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dwight Alleyne
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with almost 15 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with Buzz today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. You may see a phone call request that is automatically generated by the website. I am available by phone but if you prefer to text please ignore the request and we will continue the chat via text. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding Buzz. Sorry to hear about his congestion. Are you able to take a picture of the eye? Has he been around any other dogs?

Customer
Sure
Customer
One sec

Okay no problem. Let me know when you have attached the photo. Thanks again.

Customer
We recently clean him up
Customer
Customer attachment 10/26/2021 12:57:20 AM
Customer
He is sneezing a lot

Okay thanks for the picture, I can see the discharge coming from the eye. Has he been around any other pets?

Customer
Not this week but he was a few days at his day care 10 days ago

Okay I appreciate the information. Based on what you are describing, it does sound like he may have some early signs of an upper respiratory infection. If that is what it is then it may be from the day care. Once confirmed by your veterinarian, usually typically treatment may involve antibiotics and possible an ointment for the eye as well.

Customer
could I provide him some thing right now for releving the symtoms
Customer
Hi

There are a couple of things that you can try. Sometimes it helps him being in a bathroom with a steamed shower. Then can sometimes help alleviate congestion in some dogs. You can also can gently clean the eye with a saline wash which may help alleviate some irritation.

Customer
Yeah that's what I am currently doing, could I give him liquid Benadryl?

Benadryl can help with dogs with allergies. I usually don't see much of an effect with dog's that have congestion outside of making them feeling a little drowsy so they can rest some.

Customer
That's good, I have some here, I already have an appointment with his vet but it's on Wednesday. In the meantime I will try to get him as comfortable as he can be

Okay sounds like a plan. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

If you need further assistance for this problem feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dwight Alleyne
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dwight Alleyne
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.