She has serve red bumps all over her stomach. Bailey 5 years old. That's it

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: She has serve red bumps all over her stomach
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the bumps? Has the dog been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: Yes
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bailey 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's it
Answered by Dr. Jessie, DVM in 3 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Jessie, DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** and I am happy to assist you today!! Thank you for entrusting me with your veterinary concerns for your fur baby, Bailey. Please understand that I cannot legally diagnose conditions nor prescribe medications via this forum, but I will do my best to advise you.

Also, please feel free to disregard any requests for a phone call as those are automated requests from the website; unfortunately I am unable to communicate via phone at this time. But I will do my best to assist you as much as possible.

Sounds like Bailey may have an allergy - you can give her a bath with cool water and an oatmeal based dog shampoo (or dawn dish soap if you do not have any dog shampoo). You can also safely give over the counter antihistamines - benadryl and zyrtec are the most commonly used. Approximately what is Bailey's weight?

Placing a nice large loose t-shirt over her can also be helpful to prevent any secondary injuries from too much itching as well.

Does that all make sense? Do you have any follow up questions or concerns?

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your concerns. I hope I have been able to answer all of your questions today, and that your fur baby feels better soon. In the event that you have any other concerns or need any further veterinary advice, I am more than happy to help. Unfortunately I cannot set a follow up on this platform, but please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience. It was a pleasure chatting with you, have a great night!!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Jessie, DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Jessie, DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.