Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** and I am happy to help you with your question. My job here is to determine whether or not diagnostic tests need to be run or if we can manage things at home. I will do my best to sort things out for you and give you my professional advice based on the history and signs.
I am happy to help you with this question. I understand how important an answer is to your question, so I will work on this for you until it is resolved. Have you observed any nausea signs such as excessive lip licking, drooling, or swallowing multiple times?
That is good to hear.
This will be OK regarding a toxicity concern. The amount of onions swallowed is not toxic and will not cause any problems of internal organ injury. Therefore, this is not an emergency and no immediate treatments are required. It is recommended to monitor for signs of vomiting and nausea such as excessive lip licking, drooling, or multiple attempts to swallow. Nausea is usually self-limiting and does not typically require treatment, but you may give an over-the-counter antacid such as 10 mg of famotidine (i.e. Pepcid AC) or omeprazole (i.e. Prilosec) if needed. If no signs are seen after 6 to 8 hours, then no further monitoring is necessary.
You are most welcome. I hope I have given you a satisfactory answer. If you have any follow up questions, please reply here and I will be happy to assist you.
This is Dr. Perry and I just wanted to check in to see if you have any follow up questions. Please let me know if you do and I will do my best to help.
40744 satisfied customers