Hello, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be happy to help you. I am sorry to hear that Harper ingested this gum. This toxicity can be very concerning. If it is an hour's drive before you can get her to the vet, I would induce vomiting first because you may see signs of low blood sugar as soon as 30 minutes after ingestion. For a 55 lb dog, I would use 60 ml (4 tablespoons or 2 ounces) of 3% hydrogen peroxide given orally. Do this now, then get to the ER vet for follow-up care with activated charcoal and baseline blood work to check the liver out. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
It depends on how much she vomited up. If she vomited all of it up, that should be fine. If not, then there is still a concern. Either way, I would make sure she gets activated charcoal from your vet to bind anything still in the GI tract.
Hello. I just wanted to follow up and make sure you didn't have any other questions about Harper.
Great!! Thanks for the update.
You are welcome.
24750 satisfied customers