He usually has eye boogers but this morning he’s has yellow/greenish gooey stuff coming out of his eye. Not that we know

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: He usually has eye boogers but this morning he’s has yellow/greenish gooey stuff coming out of his eye
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does the dog have any allergies?
Customer: Not that we know of
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ollie and he’s 7 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No ma’am
Answered by E.Childress,DVM in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
E.Childress,DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello!  I am Dr. Erica, a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer, and I am here to help you!  I would like to let you know that while this is a forum for veterinary advice, I am not legally permitted to make a diagnosis, dispense medications, nor form a doctor-patient relationship through this website.  However, I am here to help guide you and your pet toward a resolution to the best of my ability.

Please allow me a few minutes to review your question.  I may ask a few additional questions to gain understanding and better help you and your pet.  I appreciate your patience.

You may receive an offer from Just Answer for a phone call.  This is not directly from me; I am unable to take phone consultations at this time and you do not have to accept the offer for a call.

Can you tell me if Ollie is scratching or rubbing at his eyes?

Customer
No he is not

Does he ever go anywhere where there are a lot of dogs in one area such as a boarding or grooming facility, dog park, doggy day care, etc?

Customer
the dog park one time last week

Do his eyes look normal aside from the discharge?  Any redness, is he squinting at all?

Customer
they look normal aside from that and no squinting

Ok - the presence of yellow or green discharge often indicates a mild infection and though this is probably not an emergency, I would go ahead and schedule an appointment with your family veterinarian to have this guy checked out.  We see things like bacterial conjunctivitis (like doggie pink-eye) as well as allergic conjunctivitis pretty commonly so I would have him checked for those things and treated if need be.  He may also need to have his tear production checked and/or a test done to check for scratches on the eye, it just depends a little on what your vet sees on his physical exam.

Do you have any further questions for me at this time?

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have additional questions or concerns and have a nice afternoon!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
E.Childress,DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
E.Childress,DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.