My 13 year old bug keeps throwing up. He can go all night without throwing up but as soon as he starts moving around he

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My 13 year old bug keeps throwing up. He can go all night without throwing up but as soon as he starts moving around he starts all over age
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A'll over again
JA: Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: He is a Boston terrier mix
JA: Could he have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: It is liquid with good bits
JA: And what's the animal's name and age?
Customer: Bisk it and 13 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I know of
Answered by paul brazzell in 37 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
paul brazzell
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell- Nice to meet you. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Good morning. How many times has Biskit vomited? Will he eat and drink? How long has he been sick?

My concern here is that the signs are persisting. This means that there are a lot more differentials and, based on his age, more of them are serious. It may be simple gastritis. But pancreatitis, peritonitis, gall bladder, liver/kidney problems, IBD, and neoplasia, along with metabolic diseases, all have to be considered. I would recommend taking her in for an examination, blood and urine testing, and abdominal x-rays to be on the safe side.

I am so sorry to have to recommend this :(

I hope that you are comfortable with my recommendations. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Customer
Thank you, ***** ***** taking him to our vet in the Am

You are so very welcome.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions regarding this problem or any future concerns.

I am here to help!

Paul

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
paul brazzell
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
paul brazzell
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.