We have an old chihuahu and he has been crying as if he in pain... For last 30 minute first he was kind of having

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: We have an old chihuahu and he has been crying as if he in pain...
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Where does the Chihuahua seem to hurt? How long has this been going on?
Customer: for last 30 minute first he was kind of having convulsion. He calmed down but crying.
JA: When did the Chihuahua last see a vet? Is he taking any medications?
Customer: 3 months ago he was given metacam
JA: And what's the Chihuahua's name and age?
Customer: Duke
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: None so far
Answered by Dr. Wolf in 10 hours 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Wolf
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, my name is*****’d be happy to help with your question. I’m a licensed veterinarian and I’ve been in practice since 2012. The bulk of my experience is in emergency medicine and critical care.

Based on the limited information I have here, the top two possibilities that come to mind are pain and seizures.

This is a chart on the behavior and body postures of dogs in pain. Click here: http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/Documents/anesthesia-pain-management-pain-score-canine.pdf

Here’s some first aid you can give at home if you suspect a dog is having a seizure. Click here: https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&id=4951339

Here’s a helpful resource on seizures in dogs. Click here: https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&id=4951440

I do recommend that Duke be seen by a veterinarian today. Try giving your regular veterinarian a call first to see if they have availability. If they don’t, you can try calling several clinics in your area. If you can’t find any regular clinics, you can try your local 24/7 emergency veterinary hospital. This may be something simple like pain (a hurt neck or back for example) that only needs something like pain relief medications. If the veterinarian feels it is more serious, they’ll be able to recommend additional diagnostics and treatments.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns. It was my pleasure helping you today; thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I wish you and Duke the best of luck, take care.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Wolf
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Wolf
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.