My 12 lbs dog ate 25mg of metoprolol succ er. 5 minutes ago. Mila 1 year

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My 12 lbs dog ate 25mg of metoprolol succ er
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When was this? Has the dog thrown up since eating the Metoprolol?
Customer: 5 minutes ago
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mila 1 year
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Answered by paul brazzell in 2 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
paul brazzell
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell- Nice to meet you. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Customer
Ready

Good evening? Are you seeing any signs? Does Mila have any medical problems?

Customer
No signs, she wants to play..
Customer
She is 1year

Haha. Silly dog. Unfortunately, that is a pretty large dose for a doggy of this size. I think that it would be best to induce vomiting. Are you comfortable performing that?

Customer
How

Super!

Please make sure that you have a fresh (not expired) bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

Give a full meal first and then give 2 tsp of the peroxide with a turkey baster.

Please place it in the cheek pouch and hold the mouth closed till swallows.

We should see vomiting within 15 to 20 minutes.

If you do not see vomiting within 15 to 20 minutes, please re-dose the hydrogen peroxide.

If there is still no vomiting, please proceed to the nearest emergency clinic so that they can

Induce vomiting with prescription medications.

Customer
I guess we are headed to walmart for a bottle of peroxide. What kind of time frame ?
Customer
Hi

We have two hours post-ingestion.

Customer
Ok

How are we doing?

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions regarding this problem or any future concerns.

I am here to help!

Paul

Customer
We did it 2 times .. still no vomit, 2nd time i feel she got it. Its been 15 minutes.

Okay, are you seeing any signs? We are at almost the two-hour mark, and if we are not seeing signs, we are in the clear.

Paul

Customer
She is tired, but we are past bed time here.

Okay, I think that she is going to be fine. You can give her water in 30 minutes, then tuck her into bed.

Customer
Ok

:) Update me tomorrow, please.

Customer
Ok will do
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
paul brazzell
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
paul brazzell
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.