I have a 65 on lab mix two years old with a slice paw pad. We have cleaned twice done with hydrogen peroxide and the

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I have a 65 on lab mix two years old with a slice paw pad. We have cleaned twice done with hydrogen peroxide and the second with a triple anti-biotic cream. It has been wrapped in sterile bandages and on top of that a sock. She showed no physical discomfort prior to the cleaning (which she was comfortable during). And has had no problem with the injured paw. My wife messaged some vet friends and they said see a doctor you will likely want to get pain pills and an anti-biotic treatment. I’m reaching out because I’d like to understand if this is an urgent find a doctor immediately situation or a monitor how she’s doing and go there eventually situation. for context my wife is a human doctor and we have more bandages etc.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did the Lab's paw start hurting?
Customer: at about 4 pm again she showed no visible pain We only noticed it because we spotted small droplets of blood on the floor
JA: And what's the Lab's name and age?
Customer: incan provide a pixture Name is ***** ***** about 2.5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing else I have
Answered by MiriamR41 in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
MiriamR41
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Good evening, my name is***** and I can help you with your question. Please know that I am not able to prescribe any medication over this forum per state law. The system may generate a phone call offer but I am not able to speak on the phone at this time. Simply press decline on the prompt if it comes up, it is coming from the website, not from me. Please let me know if you would like to continue.

Customer
I would like to continue

Would you be able to attach a picture of the wound?

Customer
give me a few seconds my wife is sending them to my phone.
Customer
File attached (6PM7Q4S)
Customer
Please see attached

Thank you. That looks like a pretty deep cut. Is she leaving the bandage alone? Any limping?

In my opinion, this will heal without sutures if you can keep it clean and protected. It just may take a few weeks

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
MiriamR41
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
MiriamR41
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.