I have a 7 month old potbelly kune kune mix. My daughters dog just attacked her about. She’s bleeding but I got it under

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hello I have a 7 month old potbelly kune kune mix. My daughters dog just attacked her about. She’s bleeding but I got it under control and it’s clotted. I think she’s in pain though. Can I give her baby aspirin ? And should I try and bandage it ?
JA: The Vet will know if the potbelly can have that. How badly is the potbelly bleeding? When did this start?
Customer: The bleeding stopped.
JA: Hi there. What's the potbelly's name?
Customer: Pignelope
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She seems ok.
Answered by Dr. Amy Leigh in 2 hours 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Amy Leigh
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Customer
She also has this thing hanging out of her face. I need to send a pic
Customer
This is what it looks like

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer with your questions. I'm sorry Pignelope was attacked.

-My name is***** have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian and am happy to help with your question.

-Veterinary Experts are able to provide general medical advice. We are NOT able to provide a diagnosis or prescribe medications. I can help you to determine if a veterinary visit is needed or if it seems reasonable to monitor and treat at home.

-You may be automatically prompted to consider a phone consultation for an additional fee. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide phone consultations. If you would like to continue the chat, just hit decline. If you would like a phone consultation, let me know and I will disconnect so you can speak with another Expert.

-I will do my best to respond to you as quickly as possible. Sometimes, my response may be delayed if I am helping other customers as well. I assure you that I will get back to you as soon as possible to answer all of your questions.

I'd like to ask you some questions so that I can provide the best advice possible

-It appears you are offline. I am sorry we were not able to connect to discuss Pignelope's injury.

-Aspirin can be used as pain control for pigs, but the amount depends upon their weight. A 40lb pig would get about 1/2 to 1 full 325 mg aspirin.

-The string-like material that is coming out of the wound is either connective tissue or a nerve.

-Pignelope really needs to see a veterinarian to clean and close this wound.

I hope the information was helpful and Pignelope will feel better soon. Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your questions. It was my pleasure to help you today. If you need further information regarding this question or need clarification on the recommendations, please let me know. I am happy to help.

Customer
Thank you.

You're welcome. I hope you were able to get a veterinarian for Pignelope and she feels better soon.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Amy Leigh
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Amy Leigh
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.