Recently he is not eating. 3 days back and has a low level of energy. Felfel 14. I did labs and Sheef elevated mild

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Recently he is not eating
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the dog's appetite? How is his energy level?
Customer: 3 days back and has a low level of energy
JA: Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: no
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: felfel 14
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i did labs and Sheef elevated mild elevation of his LFTs
Answered by Dr. Michael Salkin in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
48+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

I'm sorry to hear about this with Felfel.  Can you upload a copy of all of his test results?  I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Felfel's vet can provide you with a copy that you could upload here as a .pdf file or you can photograph the pages and upload them as images.  I not only review the test results but also note which tests should have been performed but weren't.

Customer
I lost his test results sorry
Customer
I prefer if we continue on chat

His vet can give you a copy.  I'm handicapped by not being able to see all of his test results.

Customer
My question is how can I feed Felfel
Customer
For the past 3 days Felfel is only drinking water
Customer
Can I give Felfel juice so he can get energy

You can force feed Felfel with a gruel of his regular food with a small poultry baster placed between his cheek teeth and cheek.  Ultimately, however, you'll need to find out why he's become anorexic and treat effectively.

Customer
Felfel used to have high protein diet my vet advised me to start him on low protein diet and to give him dry food that was a week back he tolerated the feeding at first but then he stopped I tried to mix it with chicken but still he didn’t touch it
Customer
Can you till me what type of liver diet I can cook for felfel
Customer
Tomorrow I have an appointment with his vet I will get the results and the medicine he gave felfel so you can have better idea
Customer
Doc are you still there

Yes; the type of diet is predicated upon the type of liver condition.  I need to know more before recommending a special diet.

Customer
can I reach out to you tomorrow with the labs

Yes, please remain in this conversation rather than opening up a new one.  I'm in the Hawaii time zone.

Customer
Great thanks

You're quite welcome.

Customer
Hello Doctor I managed to get Felfel’s labs can you please take a look at it

Thank you.  Give me a moment to take a look, please.

The ALT is not significantly elevated.  The other important liver markers - ALP, albumin, TBIL - couldn't be assessed because the blood was hemolyzed.  Those tests need to be repeated at no cost to you.  No assessment of liver health can be made at this time.

Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Customer
do I have to change his diet
Customer
Or can I go back to his high protein diet
Customer
Because felfel is so picky when it comes to food

At this time I see no reason for a special diet.  Please give a 14 year old anything he wants to eat.  When I'm his age, don't tell me what I can and can't eat!   Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Thank you for your kind accept.  I appreciate it. I can't set a follow up in this venue and so please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
48+ years of experience
imglogo
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.