She's licking the air and swallowing excessively, burping and is visably bloated. American bulldog. She has not eaten

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: She's licking the air and swallowing excessively, burping and is visably bloated.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: American bulldog
JA: How much did the American Bulldog eat? Do you know her weight?
Customer: She has not eaten today, she's about 30-40 pounds
JA: Has she thrown up since this happened?
Customer: Unproductive vomit
JA: And what's the American Bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Delilah, 3 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's all for now.
Answered by paul brazzell in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
paul brazzell
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell- Nice to meet you. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Customer
Ready

Good morning. Has Delilah vomited? Is she spayed? When is the last time that she ate?

Customer
I'm not paying you 30 dollars for a phone call
Customer
Sorry

I did not request a phone call. Did you see my questions above?

I am very concerned that Delilah could have bloat, or that she has a hiatal hernia. In light of this, I would recommend taking her in for an examination and abdominal X-rays. I hope, of course, that I am wrong. But, either way, they will be able to treat her with fluids and medications to settle her stomach. It is always best to err on the side of caution.

I hope that you are comfortable with my recommendations. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
paul brazzell
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
paul brazzell
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.