My dog has thrown up 3 times in the past hour and a half.....just a mixture of dog food and bile. Should I be concerned?

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi my dog has thrown up 3 times in the past hour and a half.....just a mixture of dog food and bile. Should I be concerned? Is it something I should see my local vet about when it opens in 5hours?
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: First two times it was chunky with food. Third time it was more liquid
JA: Could the dog have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: We tried hemp oil for pets for the first time. Other than that we haven't changed his diet
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Siedon, he's about 6 (we're looking after him for a friend)
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think about
Answered by Dr. Bruce in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
15+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi, my name is***** you for your question. I am happy to help as much as I can at this time. How is Sideon acting at this time despite this vomiting? Is he a little more quiet and seeming to rest comfortably?

Customer
Hi, after each time he's gone back to lie down and go to bed

So he's resting quietly at this time?

Customer
Hi

That is good. Alright, what caused this vomiting? That is open at this time. You could just pull up food and water for 6 hours and see how he does. If he continues to vomit despite this, then having your vet check him over would be pushed for. Some can have acute gastritis and letting the stomach rest can let things quiet down. If there is no vomiting over the next 6 hours, you can start to offer small amounts of water and then small amounts of food then to see if he eats it and keeps it down.

Customer
I tried hemp oil for pets on my dogs food, I think Siedon may have eaten some of that.....nothing else has changed in their diets.

Sometimes new treats, foods or medications can upset the stomach temporarily.

How are things going here with Siedon at this time?

I hope that Sideon is doing better here at this time.  Please let me know if any other questions have come up.  :)

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
15+ years of experience
imglogo
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.