I believe my dog has a wart on her lip. I want to know if there is a way to remove it safely and without harming her? It

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi, I believe my dog has a wart on her lip. I want to know if there is a way to remove it safely and without harming her?
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this? Has the dog been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: It started last month and she did seem to mess with it at first but now she doesn't do anything to it
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bella and she is 1
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Answered by Rhett Burch in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
Rhett Burch
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello! I am sorry Bella is having problems. My name is***** I am a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer. Thank you for visiting the site. I hope to be of great help to you. Please give me 10 minutes to consider your pet’s case and respond.

What have you tried so far? Is your pet taking any medications? How long has this been going on? Does your pet have any preexisting medical conditions?

Could you send a picture of your pet’s problem? Take a picture with your phone/tablet. You can try texting it to me. Press the camera or paperclip symbol by the chatbox where you type. Or press the “Add Files” button. Then select your photo(s).

Customer
Customer attachment 10/24/2021 2:26:31 AM
Customer
Hi, Bella is not taking any medications, and this has been happening for 1 month now. And she does not have any preexisting medications. I do have a photo of it, one second and I will send it to you
Customer
Here is the photo

Usually these go away after a month or two. I'm ard there is not a good way to to remove it before then. Usually this is not serious. Any questions?

Customer
ok, I was worried because it's pretty big. Can it be cancerous?

Yes but that's very unlikely.

Customer
oh ok, so if it does no go away on it's own by December, do you recommend me taking her to the vet for a removal?
Customer
ok thank you.

You are very welcome. I wish I could do more. Let me know if you need more help. You can still chat with me later. I hope your pet recovers soon! Thank you for using Just Answer.

Thanks again. Let me know if you think of any more questions or need more help with your pet’s case.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rhett Burch
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rhett Burch
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.