Dog was adopted on Thursday, Oct 21 and has been no trouble at all. Today I was in the bathroom for @ 15 minutes while

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Dog was adopted on Thursday , Oct 21 and has been no trouble at all. Today I was in the bathroom for @ 15 minutes while my husband was gone for @ 40 minutes.She is a female, 3=
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation?
Customer: yes. She got a bottle of supplements off the kitchen table. The bottle is of Standard Process Drenamin Dietary Supplement 3700 suggested use 1 a meal for a 125 lb man. It was a fairly new bottle and could have had 360 tablets in it. The dog is a german shepherd mix, female, 3 1/2 yrs old. She is on other
JA: When did the dog last see a vet? Is she taking any medications?
Customer: She was vetted at the dog lb 10/13/2021. She is taking 9/27/21 DA2PP; Bordetella 9/27/21;Rabies 10/13/2021; Heartworm 10/13/21 Neg; Pancur 3 doses 9/28-9/30.
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: She was spayed on 10/13/1 and weighed 34.4lb at that time.Her name is***** has a skin infection and a upper respiratory infection flea allergy & suspect enviromental allergy. Rcc follow up with your vet i 10-14 days. We have an appt on No v 4th. We adopted her from the Stark County Dog Warden's Shelter.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Jack & Jean Harris(###) ###-#### She is calm. Up until this she has not helped herself to anything off the table, counters or cupboards.
Answered by AngelaC219 in 2 days 1 year ago
imglogo
AngelaC219
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.  I am Dr. Angela and have 30+ years experience working with animals. Thank you for the information you have provided.  I understand how concerning it is to worry about a beloved pet.  I apologize for any delay in answering your question.  The question just popped up for me now. When did you post the question?  It does not allow me to see.

I am so sorry to hear about Dinga.  My research on this supplement shows that there should not be anything in this supplement that is toxic.  Even the mushrooms should be okay, because the mushrooms we eat are okay for dogs.  You may see her have some stomach upset since she ingested quite a few tablets, so this would be my main concern.  You may see her have some vomiting or diarrhea.  For the vomiting you can give her human Pepcid AC 10mg tablets.  She can have 1 and 1/2 tablets by mouth every 12 hours for stomach upset.  For diarrhea you can buy the canned pure pumpkin (not filling) from the grocery store and give her a few tablespoons of this.  For her food, you can feed her a bland diet of cooked white rice or cooked potatoes and boiled chicken for the next 24 hours to soothe her system.  Add some pieces of bread to this to soak up and bind what supplements are in her system to move them through more easily is always a good idea.  If she ate any of the plastic associated with the bottle it would be best to take her to the vet for a radiograph of her belly to know if she's bound it up in her intestines and could need surgical removal, however binding up the pieces with the bland diet can help move things through easier for her.

I see you may have had to step away and so I will continue to monitor this conversation for you.  Please reply when you have time.  Take care, Dr. Angela

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
AngelaC219
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
AngelaC219
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.