She was out for a walk and found a piece of onion and ate it. It was approximately 1/3 inch long and no wider than a 1/8

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: She was out for a walk and found a piece of onion and ate it. It was approximately 1/3 inch long and no wider than a 1/8 inches. She’s 22lbs and 3 yrs old.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Sorry she’s a golden doodle dog
JA: About how much did the Golden Doodle eat?
Customer: a very small piece.
JA: When was this? Has she thrown up since then?
Customer: About 20 minutes ago and no she has not thrown up. Actually came back and ate lunch
JA: And what's the Golden Doodle's name and age?
Customer: Serena 3 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No other issues
Answered by Rhett Burch in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
Rhett Burch
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello! I am sorry your pet is having problems. My name is***** I am a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer. Thank you for visiting the site. I hope to be of great help to you. Please give me 10 minutes to consider your pet’s case and respond.

Give 20mg of human over-the-counter Famotidine (Pepcid AC) from human drug stores that may prevent an upset stomach. If your pet starts vomiting or not eating within 12 hours let me know or see a vet. This is usually not enough for toxicity. Do you have any questions about what I said?

Customer
How much is 20mg of the pill

It's one pill.

Customer
Ok. I will give that a try and follow up if she shows symptoms that she’s not well.

Let me know if you need more help. You can still chat with me later. I hope your pet recovers soon! Thank you for using Just Answer.

Thanks again. Let me know if you think of any more questions or need more help with your pet’s case.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rhett Burch
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rhett Burch
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.