What makes a 7-8 week old puppy sneeze have diarrhea with mucus and blood and jerk when sleeping. Today. He eats

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: What makes a 7-8 week old puppy sneeze have diarrhea with mucus and blood and jerk when sleeping
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you notice this blood? Does the puppy seem more or less thirsty than normal?
Customer: Today
JA: Did the puppy eat anything unusual recently?
Customer: No
JA: What's the puppy's name?
Customer: He eats pedigree
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He was found on the side of the road on the 13 I gave him n his sister a dewormer on. The 14
Answered by Rhett Burch in 4 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Rhett Burch
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello! I am sorry your pet is having problems. My name is***** I am a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer. Thank you for visiting the site. I hope to be of great help to you. Please give me 10 minutes to consider your pet’s case and respond.

Either it is due to parvovirus or intestinal parasites. Or your puppy may have eaten something bad and now has an upset stomach. The only way to know which is to take your puppy to the vet and have tests run. The vet will want to run a parvo test and a fecal test. Get your puppy to the vet as soon as possible.

If you can't go, give your puppy 5-10mg of Pepcid once every 24 hours. Wait an hour and then give your puppy half a cup of Pedialyte/Gatorade/Chicken Broth once every 8 hours. Giving your pup fluids is very important!. Wait another hour or two and then offer your puppy plain boiled chicken breast and rice for now. No oil or seasonings for a day or two. Then gradually reintroduce their regular food.

For diarrhea, you can also try getting some pro pectalin gel from your local pet store and giving a labeled dose. Finally, you can give your dog some dewormer from your local pet store. Get one label for hookworms roundworms. Usually, these have pyrantel or fenbendazole in it. That's about all you can do at home. If those things don't help, go to a vet or let me know. If your puppy does have parvo, the chance of survival is much better at a clinic. If your pup keeps having bloody diarrhea or vomiting you need to see a vet ASAP. Do you have any questions about what I said?

Customer
Will they give him a parvo shot

Yes probabaly a shot for nausea and an antibiotic shot.

Customer
How much would those cost
Customer
They are chihuahuas

IF you call your local clinic they can answer that. I'm afraid each clinic is different.

Customer
Could you prescribe something

I'm afraid online vets can't do that.

Let me know if you need more help. You can still chat with me later. I hope your pet recovers soon! Thank you for using Just Answer.

Thanks again. Let me know if you think of any more questions or need more help with your pet’s case.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rhett Burch
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rhett Burch
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.