I have stuz shuz her name is tootie she is 13 yrs in age and she has two things goin on with her. One of her nipples is

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I have stuz shuz her name is ***** ***** is 13 yrs in age and she has two things goin on with her
JA: What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: one of her nipples is very enlarged and she is not able to walk her back legs are giving out and it has been happening like daily
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Have you noticed the animal licking at the skin?
Customer: Yes she is a shitz suz
JA: And what's the animal's name and age?
Customer: im not spelling it correctly
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: she is 13 yrs in age her name is Tootie
Answered by Rhett Burch in 7 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Rhett Burch
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello! I am sorry Tootie is having problems. My name is***** I am a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer. Thank you for visiting the site. I hope to be of great help to you. Please give me 10 minutes to consider your pet’s case and respond.

What have you tried so far? Is your pet taking any medications? How long has this been going on? Does your pet have any preexisting medical conditions?

Could you send a picture of your pet’s problem? Take a picture with your phone/tablet. You can try texting it to me. Press the camera or paperclip symbol by the chatbox where you type. Or press the “Add Files” button. Then select your photo(s).

She could have a mammary tumor. She needs to see a vet asap for that. I can't say for sure though without seeing it. As for her walking issues, the most likely cause is arthritis or stomach pain.

If your pet needs help standing and going to the bathroom, use a towel as a sling under their belly like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnEoT07QEJI

Also, you can try giving your pet a Dog Aspirin for pain and inflammation. You can get it from your local pet store. Don't give it longer than 3 days though. Call your local pet store to see if they have some. You can give your dog people aspirin but you need to give it with Pepcid to protect the stomach. You can get (Famotidine) Pepcid at human drug stores over the counter. Do not give aspirin if your dog has a history of liver or kidney problems or is taking steroids or other NSAIDs from your vet. Aspirin can cause stomach ulcers in a few cases. Usually, if it is given for only a day or two it is fine though. However, don’t give aspirin if you think you are going to a vet soon. Usually we have to wait 5-7 days after a dog has had aspirin to start other superior prescription pain medication for safety reasons. Tylenol and Aleve are not safe for dogs.

You could try homeopathic products for pain such as CBD or Hemp Oil for dogs from your local pet store, something like this. They don’t work in every case though. You can also apply an ice pack or warm compress to the painful area for a few minutes as needed. You can try finding the painful spot by gently feeling around on your dog’s body. If your pet is not showing any improvement in a day or two, let me know or take your pet to the vet. Do you have any questions about what I said?

Let me know if you need more help. You can still chat with me later. I hope your pet recovers soon! Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer
She has been like this for the pass couple of weeks with loosing her strength in back legs

I see. It could be athritis then. Try aspirin till you can get her to a vet.

Customer
She is 13 years old and she has had no problems she has never had puppies and she is on no medication

I see try the things I said then.

Thanks again. Let me know if you think of any more questions or need more help with your pet’s case.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rhett Burch
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rhett Burch
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.