Our dg is very sick. She has had a flacky skin issue and very red skin for a while. Her paws are also bleeding because

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Our dg is very sick. She has had a flacky skin issue and very red skin for a while. Her paws are also bleeding because her padding on her souls are coming off. Today she pee and poop blood and is in pain. We have been treating another of our dogs that almost died due to misdiagnosed worms. So had no money and his health was worse than hers. Now she needs care asap.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Has the dog seemed more or less thirsty since this started?
Customer: Not that I noticed.
JA: Did the dog eat anything unusual recently?
Customer: No. She's an inside dog and well taken care of. Until both dogs got so sick.
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ava about 6.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She is in pain now and needs help.
Answered by LindsayM46 in 3 days 1 year ago
imglogo
LindsayM46
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi there! This is Dr. Montgomery. I’m here to help you today.

It sounds like she could be suffering from some skin issues.

The urinating and defecating blood is definitely concerning though.

You could try giving some Benadryl to see if that would help with the skin. I usually dose it at 1 mg / 1 lb and round up. So if she weighs 35 lbs, you could give 1.5-2 tablets every 12 hours.

You could also try feeding a bland diet like boiled chicken and rice for a few days to see if that helps with the diarrhea.

Probiotics like ProBios or Fortiflora would be best.

If that doesn’t help then I would consider seeing a vet because those symptoms could be serious,

Good luck! I hope that helps! Please remember to leave me a review!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
LindsayM46
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
LindsayM46
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.