She hasn’t gone to the bathroom in 2 days and she ate yesterday but it’s not eating anymore now her stomach is growling

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: She hasn’t gone to the bathroom in 2 days and she ate yesterday but it’s not eating anymore now her stomach is growling very loudly
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: a dog I just adopted her so I’m not sure what’s the issue
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the dog also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: She laid for most of the day but we went out and she seemed fine
JA: Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: no shes just laying down she hasn’t peed or pooped since i got her on sunday night
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: hazel she’s about to turn 3
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s pretty much it
Answered by Heather Stout in 12 hours 1 year ago
imglogo
Heather Stout
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

I would love to help you figure miss Hazel's problem out. what kind of food do you have her on right now?

Customer
She's eating pro plan weight control i took her to the emergency room yesterday and she was medicated and finally went to the bathroom, they said she has anxiety

she has had a stressful week. getting a new home is a big deal for these sweet babies. I work in a humane society, and it is very common for us to get calls from new owners. say the dog is not eating or going to the bathroom. did the emergency vet give you anything for the anxiety?

Customer
they did an xray to make sure she didn't had any physical obstruction to go to the bathroom and then they medicated her midazolam, it seemed to really help her she even got close to our cat and played a little bit which for her is unusual because she has been avoiding him since she arrived, she went to the bathroom right after we arrived home last night from the vet

That is great new. she just need time to adjust. if i was you i would find some treats that she really like. and give her treats through out the day to start a bond with her. once she gets bonded with someone in the house she shouls settle down and became a lot happier. this could take up to a few months before she is 100 percent comforable around everything. just take it slow with herand lots of treats.

Customer
That's what i have been trying to do but yesterday she wouldn't take any treats because i think her tummy was so full and she was uncomfortable, hopefully now she trusts me to go to the bathroom normally, she has been very attached to me and follow me everywhere and was very happy to see me waiting for her at the vet yesterday so i think we're going the right way, she's a very very sweet dog

it sounds like you are going the right way. I did not get to thank you for adopting this sweet baby. we need more great people in this world like you.

Customer
Aaw i feel like she's the one that adopted me and chose me to be part of her family, she's a special dog and I'm really happy to have her
Customer
Thanks for reaching out we both appreciate!

I do believe they pick their people sometimes. is there any thing else i can help you with or answer for you?

Customer
I think we're doing good right now and figuring out most things, thank you so much

you are welcome best of luck to both of you

Customer
Thanks have a good one!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Heather Stout
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Heather Stout
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.