He has been having diarrhea for the past 2 to 3 days. He is a dog, a schnorkie. I'm not sure. I went on vacation with my

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: He has been having diarrhea for the past 2 to 3 days.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: He is a dog, a schnorkie
JA: Did the dog eat anything unusual recently?
Customer: I'm not sure. I went on vacation with my family and he stayed with my grandparents. They think maybe he got into the cat poop in the backyard My partner thought he saw some blood in two of the stools
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Alfonso and he is 10years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He has separation anxiety
Answered by Heather Stout in 2 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Heather Stout
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

is there any vomiting?

Customer
He vomitted once

is he still eating?

Customer
He isnt eating as much but tries

being a schnorkie I would worry about pancreatitis. that can cause vomiting and diarrhea.

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/pancreatitis-in-dogs

Customer
Okay do you advise me to take him in an animal hospital? I attempted to take him to his usual vet but they are fully booked

because it has been a few days and not getting any better. I would take him in and get a CPL test ran. that will check for pancreatitis. if the vet does not have CPL. you can get blood work that will indicate if pancreatitis could be possible.

Customer
Okay thank you. Ill find somewhere to take him.

I wish you the best of luck.

Customer
Thank you

you are very welcome

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Heather Stout
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Heather Stout
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.