My dog has a swollen toe, that looks red and a little infected. I’d like to see about getting him some antibiotics. Just

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hello, my dog has a swollen toe, that looks red and a little infected. I’d like to see about getting him some antibiotics
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Have you spoken to a vet about the infection yet? How long has this been going on with the dog?
Customer: just a couple of days. He is in between vets- his next appointment isn’t until October 1st and they don’t have any available emergency visits
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Loki. He is a year and 4 months. Breed is a Weimaraner
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that is all. Thank you
Answered by Heather Stout in 9 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Heather Stout
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, this is Heather LVT, RVT , I have over 15 years of experience in small animal and emergency vet med. I am happy to assist you today!

As JustAnswer policy states, due to state law, vets cannot prescribe any medications via the internet without a physical VCPR (vet-client-patient-relationship) so if prescriptions are recommended, you can get these from your family vet.

you can soak the paw in Epsom salt with warm water. you can do this twice a day.

Customer
Great thank you!

do you have any more questions for me?

Customer
No I do not

I wish you the best of luck. can you please go rate my service as well.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Heather Stout
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Heather Stout
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.