Weight loss vomiting and diarrhea. No vets here will see him till Monday. German Shepherd. I am actually asking for my

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Weight loss vomiting and diarrhea. No vets here will see him till Monday
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: German Shepherd
JA: Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: I am actually asking for my son and his family. Can I give them a way to connect with you
JA: Could he have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: Not that we know of
JA: And what's the Shepherd's name and age?
Customer: Ace. He is just over a year I believe
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Please help
Answered by Heather Stout in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Heather Stout
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

has Ace had a diet change?

Customer
Start

so a start of a diet change?

Customer
No

okay how long has this been going on? there is a few thing that can cause vomiting and diarrhea

one cause of vomiting and diarrhea is Gastroenteritis. here is a link that tells you more about it.

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/gastroenteritis-in-dogs

Customer
Awhile. More than a few days

another cause of diarrhea could be intestinal parasites. has ACE had a fecal recently?

Customer
No. We can't get him in to be seen anywhere we have tried

okay You can give Metamucil which is a fiber supplement that can help firm up the stool. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help when they are having GI upset. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help with appetite if the chicken and rice isn't appetizing. If you don't see improvement of symptoms within 12 to 24 hours, or if symptoms worsen, please take your pet to the closest veterinary hospital.

Customer
Thanks. We'll try that and pray

if you have any more question feel free to ask. and if you can please go rate my service. I wish you and Ace the best of luck.

Customer
I want to cancel my subscription

I am so sorry to hear this.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Heather Stout
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Heather Stout
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.