He is weak and his head is wobbling and he has thrown up twice. Dog mixed breed 5 months old and we are in New Orleans.

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: He is weak and his head is wobbling and he has thrown up twice
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: dog mixed breed 5 months old and we are in New Orleans
JA: Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: first was small amount white froth second small amount partially digested food
JA: Could he have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: maybe but I didn’t see him do it
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Atticus 5 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: its very hot we have no power and he’s use to being in a/c
Answered by Dr. McNeal in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. McNeal
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello this is Dr McNeal and Id be happy to help you with this, Based on what you are describing, I strongly recommend having the puppy examined by a veterinarian asap if you can. This sounds like classic dehydration +/- heat stroke that will require careful dropping of his temperature and intravenous fluids

Customer
He's not overheated at the moment but he has not been eating or drinking as usual
Customer
My vet is closed due to the hurricane

Please ensure that the pet has clean, fresh water (bottled if your water is not potable at the moment). You can try plain boiled boneless, skinless chicken breast and plain boiled white rice and see if he is interested in eating that.

Customer
No power can't cook. Unsure about water but that's what both digs have been drinking.

I am sorry to hear you are in this position. I can try and find someone offering veterinary care during this disaster. Can you tell me your location?

Customer
New Orleans

Ok, give me a bit to do some research and I will get back with you when I have found something

Avenue animal wellness and emergency on st charles is able to see patients and answer questions/fill prescriptions over the phone(###) ###-####/p>

Please let me know if I can help in the future.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. McNeal
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. McNeal
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.