My 9 month basset and 1 ye old Aussie got ahold of and ate vetmedin meds for my older dogs heart condition. What do I

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My 9 month basset and 1 ye old Aussie got ahold of and ate vetmedin meds for my older dogs heart condition. What do I do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What size is the Basset? How much of the medication was eaten?
Customer: 35 lbs
JA: Has the Basset thrown up since this happened?
Customer: We r finding throw up outside but not sure it's from her my teenager wasn't paying attention to them while I ran to the store which is how they got ahold of it
JA: And what's the Basset's name and age?
Customer: Daisy Duke 9 months on the 28th
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I hope so they are still active and I would not know if child hadn't told me other than the throw up spots outside
Answered by Dr Scott Nimmo in 7 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have more than thirty years of experience in the veterinary field. I’m happy to help with your question today. But please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions first. Thank you!

However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. How long ago did this happen { How many minutes or hours ago }?

Customer
30 minutes ago the Basset weighs 33 and the miniature Aussie weighs 35
Customer
The dogs it's intended for is 21 lbs

Got it thanks, ***** ***** by, I am typing up your answer right now.

My aim is to get an initial answer back to you within the next ten minutes.

Customer
They are 5 mg chewables

Customer
was a full 50 bottle
Customer
Here's what the vomit looks like

Did she eat the full bottle of Vetmedin?

Customer
There's 4 tablets left otherwise they both got into it
Customer
I split them in half and there's 8 days worth left

What was the time gap between Daisy Duke ingesting the Vetmedin and her vomiting?

Customer
Unknown teenage idiot daughter doesn't know

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help.
Kindest regards,

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.