I think she have pyometra. She is still eating fine and playing but definitely more tired vomited once and had. Some

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I think she Amy have pyometra
JA: What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: she is still eating fine and playing but definitely more tired vomited once and had
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: some discharge greenish around her tail
JA: Could she have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: Dog irish red and white setter 14 months having her heat season
JA: What's the animal's name?
Customer: no only eats her food rosie
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: I am in wa state and want to know if I can wait until morning to take her to the vet or do I need to go to a 24 hour hospital
Answered by BrittanyB426 in 2 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
BrittanyB426
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi there! I hope I can help guide you today with your pup Rosie!

Customer
Thank you

You say she is in heat currently?

Customer
Hi

Is this her first or second heat cycle?

Customer
Do you think I am wait until tomorrow morning
Customer
First

The good news is that it is draining, but the color is weird so I agree with having her seen. The issue with pyometras is if they stop draining they become life threatening very quickly. In an ideal world she should be okay to wait until morning but if it is a pyometra, that could change quickly

No possibility of her being pregnant, correct?

Customer
No not at all
Customer
you don’t think I should wait

I personally wouldn't wait because of the serious complications it could have. It could turn out not to be a pyometra but would hate to have anything bad happen to her

Customer
Ok thank you for your advice
Customer
I’ll call someplace

You are welcome! Best of luck!

Customer
Thanks
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
BrittanyB426
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
BrittanyB426
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.